Who I Am
I am a retired Air Traffic Controller and Private Pilot focused on providing FAA Aviation Procedures and Aviation English consulting services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction – I do everything I can to meet your expectations.
With a variety of services to choose from, I'm sure you’ll be happy working with me. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me. I hope to serve you soon!
1970 – 1995 – USA Federal Aviation Administration – En Route, Terminal Radar and Tower controller
1995 – Present – Federal Contract Tower controller, FAA Academy Instructor + ATC and Aviation English consulting instructor (classroom and simulator)
Summary: Air Traffic Controller and ATC Instructor/Consultant 1970 - Present
- Certified Radar Controller (Enroute) at Chicago ARTCC (619 Indian Tr. Rd., Aurora, Il 60506 )
- Certified Radar Controller (Enroute) at Los Angeles ARTCC (2555 E. Ave. P, Palmdale, CA 93550 Ph: 805-265-8200)
- Facility instructor (EPDS), Los Angeles ARTCC - Taught in classroom and simulator environments – retained currency.
- Certified Radar Controller (Enroute) at Denver ARTCC (2211 17th Ave., Longmont, CO 80501 Ph: 303-651-4100) – Denver Arrival / Departures, military traffic from KRCA AFB.
- Certified Radar Controller (Apch) at Griffiss RAPCON (529 Hangar Rd., Ste 201, Rome, NY13441 Ph: 315-337-3190) Military traffic (B-52, KC-135, T-33, T-37, F-106), ASR Apchs, Civil traffic to KUCA.
- Certified Radar Controller (Apch) at San Juan, CERAP (GPO Section, San Juan, PR 00936 Ph: 787-253-8663) Apch control, staff instructor and supervisor at Level V, facility.
- Tower controller at Barnes FCT (Barnes Municipal Airport, Westfield, MA 01085 Ph: 413-562-4582) – Airport tower control at Level I BRITE equipped VFR tower.
- Air Traffic Control Instructor (En Route/Terminal) at San Juan, PR CERAP. Employed by Washington Consulting Group. DYSIM/ETG and classroom instructor. Ph: 787-253-8645)
- Tower controller at Outagami FCT (Outagamie County Airport, Appleton, WI 54915 Ph: (920) 739-5982) – Airport tower control at Level I BRITE equipped VFR tower. Supervisor: J. York
- Contractor Site Supervisor, Washington Consulting Group. Administration/supervision of training staff + instructor in Terminal and En Route. San Juan, PR. Ph: 787-253-8645.
- En Route Instructor (contract – University of Oklahoma) – FAA Academy. Instructor for the FAA Initial Training Program – radar, non-radar and classroom. Oklahoma City, OK. (405) 954-3679.
- Air Traffic Control Instructor (En Route) at San Juan, PR CERAP. Employed by Washington Consulting Group. DYSIM/ETG and classroom instructor. Ph: 787-253-8645
- Air Traffic Control (ATCOTS) Instructor (En Route) at San Juan, PR CERAP. Employed by Raytheon. DYSIM/ETG and classroom instructor. Ph: 787-253-8645
- Conversational English Instructor at Second Union Church
- Aviation English and ATC Procedures Consultant. Designed, developed and taught Aviation English courses online with www.uleadair.com.
1963 - 1967 College of St. Thomas St. Paul, MN
2006 - International TEFL Academy
Past president of the World League of Air Traffic Controllers, the international educational and fraternal society of Air Traffic Control Professionals.
Host parent for international exchange students, licensed private pilot, computer web designer, author of aviation thriller Radar Contact Lost.